Position Title: Customer Service Representative
Position Type: Full-Time
Reports To: Customer Service Manager
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
Salary: $20-$25 per hour
What is ARCA?
ARCA provides a unique service to industrial parts suppliers by applying a circular economy approach to inventory management. We buy and sell industrial parts and equipment, unlike any other business. We maintain warehouses with sophisticated product receiving and sorting systems that rapidly move parts out of storage and through diverse sales channels transparently and efficiently. We employ a membership program that guarantees all assets are accounted for and do not compete with our client’s existing customer demand.
What makes ARCA unique is a partnership approach with our clients that builds trust and loyalty at all points of the supply chain. We are not a classic recycling source, although we do work with all types of material and will provide a full solution to all challenges, including but not limited to appraisal, purchase, consignment, recycling, and logistics.
Who is our Customer Service Rep?
The customer service team is responsible for the customer’s experience and satisfaction after an order is placed. They interact with customers to address their concerns, answer their questions, and assist them with their needs. A customer service rep is delegated tasks by the Customer Service Manager, which include answering customer phone calls and emails, responding to customers’ questions and concerns, and placing orders and RMAs. They are the bridge between Sales and Operations and have the authority to assign tasks to members of either team.
Here is what a typical day as a Customer Service Rep looks like:
- Working alongside a group of passionate and energetic teammates at a high-growth company.
- Responding to simple questions or requests through all sales communication channels.
- Resolving customers’ concerns and answering questions to the best of your ability.
- Adding new companies and contacts into HubSpot and assigning them to Account Managers or Executives.
- Creating Quotes and Orders as needed to assist the Sales Team.
- Referring issues and questions to the Customer Service Manager when necessary.
- Communicating with the Inventory and Fulfillment teams about special requests and concerns.
- Assisting with Credit Applications, Supplier and Vendor Onboarding, and reporting as necessary.
Here is why you’ll love this team:
- You will develop relationships with positive and driven teammates that want to help you grow and succeed financially.
- Lots of professional development opportunities, team outings, and networking events.
- You will be challenged by teammates and leadership to continue growing as a professional.
- You’ll have exposure to multiple aspects of the sales process including lead generation, customer service, marketing, and purchasing.
- Competitive compensation package, health benefits, paid time off, and growth opportunities.
Here is our vision of the ideal candidate:
- Have an outgoing personality and thrive in a high-energy/fast-paced environment.
- Highly organized and can easily adapt to change.
- Very strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Can think on your feet in a conversation- ask and answer questions with ease.
- Great at finding ways to motivate yourself and your teammates- team culture and momentum is how our team thrives!
- Extremely comfortable with a computer, learning new programs and skills.
- Have a “never stop learning” mentality and can apply it daily.
- Have had 1-2 years of experience in customer service, or other related fields or experiences.
- Answer delegated eCommerce customer messages within 24hrs (eBay, Amazon, Website)
- Answer in-bound customer calls (forward appropriately when needed)
- Respond to RFQs and simple technical questions.
- Delegate more complicated customer inquiries to Account Managers and Executives
- Create RMAs in SellerCloud and coordinate with the customer.
- Quote and book freight shipments using online portals.
- File BOL’s, PO’s, RMA’s, and Invoices.
- Track RMA progress on all channels and report issues to Sales and Operations.
- Determine resolution to customer issues and escalate as needed to the appropriate departments.
Job Details & Requirements:
Work Hours, Compensation, & Benefits:
- 40 hours per week
- 10 Days PTO (80 hours) to start
- Discretionary Year-End Bonus Program
- Health insurance voucher
- Experience in customer service of customer facing sales role.
- Communication and social skills.
- Ability to handle stress and de-escalate tense situations.
- Comfortable working at a desk throughout an 8 hour shift.
- Organizational excellence and ability to multitask.
- Computer literate: Emails, Microsoft Word / Excel, any ERP or CRM experience a big plus.
- Experience taking customer orders and simple data entry.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently.