Position Type: Full-Time (40 Hours)
Job Level: 60
FLSA Status: Non-Exempt
What is ARCA?
ARCA provides a unique service to electrical wholesalers. By warehousing their slow-moving inventory and providing quick access to millions of hard-to-find parts. We are the industry’s non-stock warehouse and act as a critical emergency supplier, thriving on exceptional service at lighting-fast speeds. Our abilities recover lost orders and margin for our customers and we become their secret weapon as they deliver products to their end-user market. Our membership of wholesalers love to use us as a safe place to sell their dead inventory no longer able to be returned to the vendor and they also love to source from us when they are in a need-it-now bind.
What is our QA Supervisor?
The QA Supervisor is primarily responsible for the teams that accurately process, receive, sort, inspect, clean, barcode, photograph, and document the industrial products received from our members. The end result of this process ends with products segregated into different categories for resale, or recycling. Products for resale receive web listings and all products are matched back to the incoming purchase orders and project purchase bids. The teams that complete these processes are responsible for handling physical items, preparing Excel and SQL files, referencing our internal databases, researching for pricing and market data, evaluating, and inspecting the quality of industrial items, as well as photographing and preparing listings for sale on the companies sales channels. All procedures must stay in conformance with existing database design and policies.
The key responsibilities:
- Manage and work on the teams and procedures that are considered our Intake Process.
- To stage and record incoming items for resale or recycling. This will include identifying part numbers, taking photos and scanning incoming documents that accompany the units and link them to the purchase order.
- Assist in resolving product data issues in accordance with policies.
- Occasional business-related phone calls to inside and outside sales and customer service
- Maintain our focus on customer service while performing various order processing tasks
- Frequent lifting up to 100 pounds
- Process and receive all incoming product
- Assist Receiving staff with research as necessary.
- Assess pricing and descriptions of items where list and/or market price cannot be determined due to age of part or manufacturer discontinuation
- Read and review each Purchase Order that is assigned accordingly, noting any additional verbal or written instructions from Supervisors or Purchasing staff
- Determine correct conditions and quantities of merchandise; note changes and discrepancies
- Receive items correctly and accurately into inventory, recording serial numbers, series, firmware, revision levels etc. as necessary.
- Photograph items clearly with accurate weight, including several angles as necessary.
- Report completed Purchase orders and Bids accordingly.
- May be modified from time to time. Other duties, tasks and work may be assigned
Here is why you’ll love this team:
- You will be given a great deal of autonomy and trust to build new processes and solve problems
- You will develop relationships with positive and driven teammates that want to help you grow and succeed.
- You’ll have ample opportunity for growth and career advancement as this company doubles in size each year.
- Lots of professional development opportunities, team outings, and networking events.
- You will be challenged by teammates and leadership to continue growing as a professional.
- You’ll gain experience with multiple aspects of e-commerce sales including catalog management, listing management and optimization.
- You’ll have exposure to multi-disciplinary leaders and consultants who provide mentorship and training
- Excellent compensation package (base + bonus), health benefits, unlimited paid time off, paid volunteer days, and more.
Here is our vision of the ideal candidate:
- Background in industrial parts or surplus.
- Self-starter and take ownership of your work.
- Have a “never stop learning” mentality and not afraid to explore and fail.
- Task oriented and can knock out your to-do list rapidly.
- Has an understanding of industrial parts and the markets they serve.
- Highly organized and can easily adapt to changing priorities.
- Proficient in Excel and data management.
- Prior experience with Domo a plus and other business intelligence tools and ETL’s.
- Able to learn/use new tools and processes quickly.
- Ability to turn data into insights.
- Have had 1-2 years of professional experience in e-commerce, data analytics, or other related fields including small businesses or start-ups.
- Positive entrepreneurial attitude with excitement to disrupt a lucrative industry.
Job Details & Requirements
Work Hours, Compensation, & Benefits
- 40 hours per week
- Leading PTO allowance
- Retirement Plan
- Bonus Program
- Health insurance voucher
- Bachelor’s or master’s degree preferred or equivalent experience.
- High attention to detail.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel.
- Experience with Product Data Management Systems
- Experience with ecommerce products/listings.
- Organizational excellence and ability to multitask.
- Desire to drive sales using data.
- Ability to research products and verify data.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently and in groups.